Thursday, September 23, 2010

Dominican Republic Baseball Missions Trip

As many of you know, last March I went on a missions trip with the baseball team I help coach at Valor Christian High School to the Dominican Republic. Through Score International we were able to stay on their complex in Juan Dolio and put on baseball camps, play pick-up games and share the gospel with young baseball players in the Santo Domingo and San Juan areas.

Baseball is so prominent in the DR because it's viewed as the only thing that will deliver them from poverty. If there's anywhere in the world where baseball is the language to spread the gospel, the Dominican is it. So of course, my heart and passion toward the Dominican Republic is something that hasn't faded in the months since our return. You can hear more and see pictures from the trip in the sermon I preached in April at the Christian Church of Broomfield.

I'm excited to let you know that, along with Hitstreak co-worker, Valor coach and All Out Student Ministry volunteer Brian Bonn, I will be going back to the DR for a Baseball Outreach Missions trip from November 14th-18th. If you would like to help support me in this trip, there are two ways that would be appreciated. The first is prayer and encouragement. If you would like to commit to praying for the people of the Dominican Republic and our trip, then please let me know on my facebook page or reply to this email if you're not on facebook. Secondly, would you consider financially helping me be part of this mission trip? The cost of this trip is $1,200. Any amount you could contribute would be appreciated. Click here to make a donation.

Your support, encouragement, and prayers are appreciated. I will be blogging about the trip, so please check out my blog for updates. Thank you so much and God bless!

In Him,
Justin Dillard

No comments:

Post a Comment