Monday, September 14, 2009

9/13/09 - Recap


"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

Fall is underway. Hello school, homework, band practice, football practice, work schedules and an overall boost in responsibilities and lack of free time. As the to-do list grows, so does the anxiety and negativity. When your seed of negativity begins to grow into a blossoming tree, relationships begin to suffer and even Fantasy Football starts to wear you out. You feel like you're running on empty because you are.

Jesus said, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you..." WAIT, WAIT, WAIT... Take your yoke? How is adding more to my plate going to relieve my weary and burdened soul?

How is stopping at a gas station going to get me to where I want to go any quicker? Jesus is the answer to the weary and burdened life because only He can give rest for your soul. He doesn't take away your responsibilities, but He does give you the strength to get through.

For us, Middle School has an hour and fifteen minutes on Sunday morning and High School has 90 minutes on Sunday night to enter a sanctuary or refuge and leave the troubles of life outside. For a short period of time, we get to block out everything to focus on Jesus. We get to come to Him and find rest for our weary and burdened souls. Amen to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment